Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, March 29, 2013

Botox Treatment 1

So, one week ago from yesterday I received my first Botox injection. This is about 30 or so injections in my forehead, head, base of my skull, neck, and shoulders. Well, these were SUPER painful and after the injections were over I was warm, cold sweats, and wanted to puke (my normal reaction to extreme pain). I was so happy to have my husband by my side during this process. He was there to talk to the doctor and distract him from my whining (which I appreciate) and he lovingly held my hand. Following  this doctor appointment Brian took me for some yummy soup at Panera to calm my tummy! He is such a sweetie. 

So, now I am supposed to hopefully see reduction in my migraines. I go for a follow-up in 6 weeks (now 5) and get a second set of injections in 3 months. The fun thing about these injections is that in 7 days they take full effect, which mean lack of movement in my forehead and in between my eye brows. It is a strange sensation and somewhat entertaining. That's the story so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment